iFixit's staff is the focal point of a global community showing people how to fix the things they own. We believe that we can make the world better by empowering people to take control of their hardware. We are the world's foremost experts on Apple repair, and we've set the gold-standard for online repair documentation. We have already helped millions of people fix their own devices, and we plan to help tens of millions more. We ship our replacement parts and repair tools to customers all over the world. We're growing, and looking for highly-motivated individuals to join our team. iFixit offers health benefits, profit sharing, and may other perks to all full-time employees.
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and owning the daily operations in shipping and the picking warehouse while ensuring the highest standards of safety, quality, delivery and cost effectiveness are achieved at all times.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead by example every day in your attitude, work ethic and adherence to all company guidelines and procedures, challenge your team to do the same.
- Determine the sequence in which orders are filled so that the department is running in the most economical and efficient manner.
- Create and maintain a work schedule to meet customer demand, and communicate with the team before changing the schedule or missing scheduled work.
- Track and be accountable for hours worked and tasks accomplished.
- Pick/Pack/Ship daily order demand.
- Use ShipStation system to ship product and apply shipping information to packed cartons.
- Verify that orders are being processed to customer specifications as well as following federal and international shipping regulations in terms of labeling, packaging, boxing, and shipping method.
- Verify orders shipped are closed.
- Organize flow of pickups by carriers.
- Analyze shipping patterns and carrier rates to look for opportunities to improve service to customers and decrease costs, working directly with shipping companies.
- Plan shipping for next day.
- Ensure picking locations are stocked, product from parts testing and kitting is stocked timely, and warehouse is clean and organized.
- Oversee all supply ordering.
- Interface with other departments such as customer service, wholesale/pro, parts testing, kitting, and purchasing.
- Ensure employee conformance to established policies and procedures to support the creation of a high quality products.
- Be environmentally conscious.
- Provide training and guidance for new associates.
- Help iFixit change the world forever.
- Find new and amazing ways to improve processes at iFixit.
- Contribute to, and keep up with, our rapid-paced environment.
- Win the hearts and souls of the world over to repair.
Experience and Skills Required
- 4+ years of experience in shipping.
- 1+ year of leading a team.
- Effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to provide information where some creativity is needed.
- Good computer skills, especially in Excel/Sheets. SQL and ShipStation a plus.
- Accurately follow directions and procedures; to organize facts and figures.
- Forklift experience a plus
iFixit is an awesome place to work. Here are some of our perks.
- Macbook Pro or equivalent, and any software you need
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- 401k plan with 4% employer match
- Profit sharing after a year of employment
- Flexible vacation time
- Free family-style lunches twice a week
- Employer-run fitness and wellness program
- A bike if you want to bike to work
- A sweet pair of headphones to get your head in the game
- Employee discounts on parts and tools
- Company-sponsored BBQs, hangouts, and summits
- Charitable contribution matching! We'll 100% match your tax deductible contributions to charity.
- Did we mention you get to work in one of the happiest places in the world? Oprah said it, so you know it's true. Our office is located downtown within walking distance to everything!
When you go to a website like iFixit and scroll through the guides, it's easy to forget that there are tons of real people keeping all those bits and bytes running smoothly. But there are literally dozens of us! We're a diverse team, split between two continents--but we're united by a love of tinkering and repair.
iFixit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Because we are trying to teach every one to fix every thing, we need a team as diverse as our online community. We believe that it takes people of all backgrounds to help us fix the world. Therefore, iFixit does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable.
iFixit is committed to creating a diverse team--not only in who we hire--but through creating a supportive environment for all of our team members based on mutual respect and inclusivity.