We are looking for a part time Kitchen Assistant to help out with the day to day operations within our kitchen. They will work along side our Head Chef prepping and executing weekly meals for the iFixit team, as well as ensuring a fully stocked and tidy communal kitchen space. Cooking experience is not necessary but a will to learn and excel is expected.
* Perform routine kitchen tasks
* Restocking communal food and drinks
* Execute shopping lists
* Placing and picking up orders
* Cleaning, washing dishes
* Organizing, restocking
* Helping with company events
* Follow the prep list created to plan duties.
* Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash.
* Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
* Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
* Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep tasks
* Undertake basic cooking duties, such as reducing sauces and parboiling food.
* Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
* Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
* Be willing to familiarize oneself with dietary preferences, restrictions, and allergies.
Ideal candidate will have:
* Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
* Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
* Organizational skills
* Manual dexterity
* Excellent communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work under pressure
This position is 20-25 hours per week. Must be available Monday-Friday 8AM-2PM. Extra hours will be required for weeks we have events (4-5 weeks per year). Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Must have reliable transportation and be willing to use own transportation for work purposes.
We chose to build iFixit in the happiest place on earth, Oprah says it so you know it’s true! Our perks and programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, relocating, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered.
Here are some of our perks:
When you go to a website like iFixit and scroll through the guides, it's easy to forget that there are tons of real people keeping all those bits and bytes running smoothly. But there are literally dozens of us! We're a diverse team, split between two continents, but we're united by a love of tinkering and repair.
iFixit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Because we are trying to teach everyone to fix every thing, we need a team as diverse as our online community. We believe that it takes people of all backgrounds to help us fix the world. Therefore, iFixit does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable.
iFixit is committed to creating a diverse team—not only in who we hire—but through creating a supportive environment for all of our team members based on mutual respect and inclusivity.
This position is available immediately at our San Luis Obispo headquarters.