iFixit is seeking a highly motivated and action-oriented Graphic Designer to enthusiastically represent the iFixit brand and use their expertise in design and computer applications to review final designs and layouts.
In this integral role, you will work as part of the creative team to develop and execute inventive concepts for iFixit’s global marketing efforts and responsible for developing campaigns and the execution of creative materials that celebrate iFixit’s commitment to repairability.
This role will report to the Design Team Lead and be highly visible to key stakeholders throughout the organization. With a passion for user experience and obsession with optimization and clear communication, this position will play a pivotal part in growing iFixit's Design program.
What you’ll do:
- Catch the typos that everyone else misses: review final copy, layouts, and content in print or digital form to ensure brand standards across production quality.
- Manage projects - Proactively collaborate with copywriters, designers, etc. to lead complex initiatives across multiple disciplines.
- Tell visual stories - Manage the creative development process including gathering all inputs, brief writing, partnering with creatives on processes, giving feedback, and proofing.
- Create on and offline work including print ads, digital ads, email templates, banners, brochures, leaflets, and website mock-ups
- Suggest improvements and modify formats to increase the quality of production and ensure that standards are met (general file prep, formatting and preflighting).
- Keep things tidy - Archiving and updating graphics files.
We're excited if you have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience doing actual, real work (startups, agencies, etc.).
- Portfolio of completed graphic designs and creative projects.
- Solid knowledge of the printing process and preflight tools ( Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign) .
- Expert-level familiarity with graphic design best practices (resolutions/color/size accuracies, production values, spot color/process, vectors v.s. Raster...you get the picture)
- A self-starter-- Readiness to roll up your sleeves and get to work without much guidance.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes.
- Comfortable in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, with a fast pace and fluid nature.
- Additional qualification in Graphic Design is a plus
Who You Are
- An upbeat person with a highly effective communication style.
- Ready and willing to go above and beyond for your work and your team.
- Gets happy and excited that no two days are the same.
- Ability to partner well with a broad range of people — highly empathetic and able to look at issues from other people’s point of view.
- High energy, strong work ethic, can-do attitude, and a passion for our mission and repairability
- A sense of humor - you don’t have to be funny, just don't be unfunny
You’ll love working here because:
- The people - you will be surrounded by some of the most creative, smart, funny, talented leaders and teams (people you can be proud to work with).
- Excellent Benefits - 100% employer-paid health insurance, a generous Paid Family Leave policy, 401k plan with employer match, Profit sharing, Charitable contribution matching and more - yes, much more!
- The perks - we have regular barbecues, enjoy catered meals together a couple times a week (our in-house chef is dynamite) and free fitness classes.
- The experience - we help thousands of people fix their things on a daily basis. Really.
- The impact - you’ll reach over 10 million fixers worldwide (how’s that for impact?).
When you go to a website like iFixit and scroll through the guides, it's easy to forget that there are tons of real people keeping all those bits and bytes running smoothly. But there are literally dozens of us! We're a diverse team, split between two continents--but we're united by a love of tinkering and repair.
iFixit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Because we are trying to teach every one to fix every thing, we need a team as diverse as our online community. We believe that it takes people of all backgrounds to help us fix the world. Therefore, iFixit does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable.
iFixit is committed to creating a diverse team--not only in who we hire--but through creating a supportive environment for all of our team members based on mutual respect and inclusivity.