As a Graphic Designer at iFixit, you will rely on your proven design talents and UX experience to provide design vision and leadership focused on the digital experience to help our customers navigate, discover, and achieve the most from their experience with iFixit. You will play a key role in interpreting business objectives and customer needs in order to translate them into compelling, elegant and engaging digital experiences.
You are a natural collaborator and an excellent communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a team environment. You’ll approach your work from a multidisciplinary, holistic perspective, applying your expertise across the user experience to design complete product solutions.
Graphic Designer responsibilities are:
- Lead and create UX design solutions for projects across multiple digital platforms and screens. Much of our work is for mobile screens and responsive web, but also for proprietary screens (think IoT or kiosks).
- Analyze user and content requirements, define user flow and information structure, and describe intended user experience through means such as storyboards, experience maps, app/site maps, interactive wireframes, and prototypes.
- Gather design insights by interpreting user research such as interviews, competitive audits, contextual inquiry, concept testing, and usability testing.
- Design interaction diagrams, flows, and digital experiences.
- Excel at the prototyping process, moving quickly from white-boarding to paper to digital and interactive.
- Develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts, using creative approach
- Collaborate with copywriters, designers, stylists, executives and other stakeholders
Graphic Designer requirements are:
- 5+ years of industry experience with a focus on digital product design, across a variety of platforms including web, mobile web and native apps (iOS and Android).
- UX foundation to inform and enhance the effectiveness of digital design solutions
- Highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools.
- Can create visual design systems for digital products, including typographic rules, visual hierarchy, color palettes, grid definitions, icons, implementation guides, interaction patterns, and components libraries.
- Develop detailed design specs and work closely with the development team to guide the implementation of design specifications
- Strong interaction, communication, and presentation skills
- BS or MS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject
iFixit is an awesome place to work. Here are some of our perks.
- A repairable laptop, and any software you need.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance.
- 401k plan with 4% employer match.
- Profit sharing after a year of employment.
- Flexible vacation time + paid holidays.
- Dependent Care FSA.
- Generous stipends towards repair & wellness.
- $400 towards a bike or alternative method of transportation.
- A sweet pair of headphones to get your head in the game.
- Employee discounts on parts and tools.
- Charitable contribution matching! We'll 100% match your tax deductible.
- Did we mention you get to work in one of the happiest places in the world? Oprah said it, so you know it's true. Our office is located downtown within walking distance to everything.
When you go to a website like iFixit and scroll through the guides, it's easy to forget that there are tons of real people keeping all those bits and bytes running smoothly. But there are literally dozens of us! We're a diverse team, split between two continents, but we're united by a love of tinkering and repair.
iFixit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Because we are trying to teach everyone to fix everything, we need a team as diverse as our online community. We believe that it takes people of all backgrounds to help us fix the world. Therefore, iFixit does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable.
iFixit is committed to creating a diverse team—not only in who we hire—but through creating a supportive environment for all of our team members based on mutual respect and inclusivity.
Upload your portfolio, resume, and a short cover letter, as .pdf files.