iFixit is seeking a highly motivated and action-oriented Brand Communications Designer to inspire the world to repair their things. We want to make it so fun to fix things that everyone will want to join in.
In this integral role, you’ll collaborate with our team of journalists, community managers, and tinkerers throughout the design process—from figuring out what to build to crafting mockups and building landing pages. You’ll work closely with everyone on our team, from executives to social media interns, to shape iFixit’s brand identity.
What you’ll do:
- Enthusiastically develop our visual brand identity and photography style.
- Interpret different types of content into broad-reaching marketing campaigns.
- Be the on-the-ground expert for studio production and printed assets—from swag to packaging, retail displays, and more.
- Create art for all the little digital experiences of our brand presence across the web—banner ads, newsletters, featured product pages, etc.
- Deliver innovative, refined, and on-target designs.
- Serve as a brand steward, ensuring visual consistency across every place we interact with the world.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to print or engineering.
- Develop and evangelize a photography style appropriate to our brand.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience doing actual, real work (startups, agencies, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to ensure a crystal-clear understanding of project scope and status.
- Conceptual knowledge of HTML and CSS, and other front-end technologies.
- Strong organization skills, the ability to think beyond what is asked for, and the ability to multi-task projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment (even if it’s always sunny outside).
- The ability to partner well with a broad range of people, and to look at issues from other people’s point of view.
- Experience as a published photographer or running a digital photography workflow.
Who You Are
- An upbeat person who is a progressive thinker, and all-around team player.
- Someone who is happy and excited when no two days are the same.
- A high-energy person with a strong work ethic, a can-do attitude, and a passion for our mission and for repair.
- Someone with a sense of humor—you don’t have to be funny, just don't be unfunny.
You’ll love working here because of:
- The people: you’ll be surrounded by some of the most creative, smart, funny, talented leaders and teams—people you can be proud to work with.
- The excellent benefits: 100% employer-paid health insurance, a generous Paid Family Leave policy, 401k plan with employer match, profit sharing, charitable contribution matching, and more—yes, much more!
- The perks: we have regular barbecues, enjoy catered meals together a couple times a week (our in-house chef is dynamite), and offer free fitness classes.
- The experience: we help thousands of people fix their things on a daily basis. Really.
- The impact: you’ll reach over 100 million fixers worldwide. (How’s that for making a difference?)
How to apply
Package up your portfolio, links to things you’ve made, and tell us why you’d be perfect for the position. Apply for the position by clicking the big shiny button below.
When you go to a website like iFixit and scroll through the guides, it's easy to forget that there are tons of real people keeping all those bits and bytes running smoothly. But there are literally dozens of us! We're a diverse team, split between two continents—but we're united by a love of tinkering and repair.
iFixit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Because we are trying to teach everyone to fix everything, we need a team as diverse as our online community. We believe that it takes people of all backgrounds to help us fix the world. Therefore, iFixit does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable.
iFixit is committed to building a diverse team—not only in who we hire, but through creating a supportive environment for all of our team members based on mutual respect and inclusivity.