About the Project Manager position
Come be a part of the team that revolutionizes how the world interacts with the things they own! iFixit’s engineering team is looking for a project manager to coordinate our key client projects. You will sit at the intersection of our key partners, our software team, and our hardware engineering team. Reaching over 100 million people this year, iFixit is more than a company—it’s a place where you can make a mark on the world. If that sounds fun to you, we should talk.
You should have a background in technology or project management and possess strong analytical and team coordination skills. We expect you to be able to get the best out of the people and projects that they oversee.
A deep technical background in any particular technology isn’t necessary, but the more familiar you are with modern web tools, the better.
The project manager’s responsibilities are:
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Organize and coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Oversee the timely delivery of all projects, ensuring they remain within scope and within budget.
- Allocate resources and ensure their availability.
- Build and maintain relationships with our key customers.
- Take measures to ensure all deadlines and conditions described on contracts are met.
- Prepare a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Communicate with managers and interested parties about contract terms and conditions.
- Oversee the understanding of customer requirements and execution on them throughout the company.
- Coordinate with our customers and senior management to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
We’re interested in a motivated, talented person regardless of experience. But some things that would be nice to see:
- Excellent spreadsheet and data munging skills
- 2+ years' experience of project administration of some kind (the more technology-related, the better)
- Significant experience with web technologies. Bonus points if you’ve used AWS, Mechanical Turk, Fiverr, and other productivity tools.
- Database is experience is a major plus. If you don’t already know SQL, you’ll need to learn it on the job.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Educational background preferably in engineering, computer science or technical project management
iFixit is an awesome place to work. Here are some of our perks:
- Macbook Pro or equivalent, and any software you need
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- 401k plan with 4% employer match
- Profit sharing after a year of employment
- Flexible vacation time
- Free family-style lunches twice a week
- Free fitness classes twice a week
- A bike if you want to bike to work
- A sweet pair of headphones to drown out the haters
- Employee discounts
- Company-sponsored BBQs, hangouts, and summits
- Charitable contribution matching! We'll 100% match your tax deductible contributions to charity.
- Did we mention you get to work in one of the happiest places in the world? Oprah said it, so you know it’s true. Our office is located downtown within walking distance to everything!
When you go to a website like iFixit and scroll through the guides, it’s easy to forget that there are tons of real people keeping all those bits and bytes running smoothly. But there are literally dozens of us. We’re an incredibly diverse team, split between two continents—but we’re united by a love of tinkering and repair.
iFixit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Because we are trying to teach every one to fix every thing, we need a team as diverse as our online community. We believe that it takes people of all backgrounds to help us fix the world. Therefore, iFixit does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable.
iFixit is committed to creating a diverse team—not only in who we hire—but through creating a supportive environment for all of our team members based on mutual respect and inclusivity.