iFixit is the focal point of a global community showing people how to fix the things they own. We’ve already helped tens of millions of people fix their own devices, and we plan to help hundreds of millions more. That’s where you come in.
We’re on the hunt for a highly motivated and data-driven Marketing Manager to help us inspire the world to repair their things. We’re looking for a self-starter with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization, and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Testing and developing marketing programs that increase website conversion and drive brick and mortar sales.
- Managing our cross-channel marketing strategy, including: paid campaigns, email marketing automation, owning the digital marketing calendar, social media ads, and retail marketing programs.
- Collaborating with our Advocacy, Editorial, and e-commerce teams to execute marketing campaigns.
- Managing external agency partners by guiding campaigns, creative, and media buys to optimize spend and allocate budget dollars based on performance.
- Finding new approaches to generate sales, including but not limited to channels like email, social media, blogging, and events.
- Measuring and improving the end-to-end customer experience across our channels and customer interactions.
- Measuring, analyzing, and reporting performance metrics on all of our marketing programs.
- Formulating hypothesis-driven approaches, and then design, conduct, and test them.
- Analyzing the performance of automation strategies and campaigns and drive continuous optimization of performance.
- Following a process of continuous improvement, learning at each step in the process and sharing those learnings with the team to improve our ability to create engaging and relevant campaigns.
- Taking an entrepreneurial approach, working collaboratively with other teams to get things done.
We’d be excited if you had:
- 3-5 years of experience in a marketing and/or communications role executing multi-channel campaigns with a focus on digital marketing techniques and strategies.
- A strong understanding of e-commerce marketing tools and processes.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics, Facebook/Instagram for Business, Digital Advertising, Google AdWords.
- Expert knowledge of social media, building online and offline communities, paid advertising, and an understanding of how content is shared/consumed across social platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data analysis.
- Understanding of analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc).
- Familiarity with databases and SQL.
- Business intelligence experience.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- A quantitative sensibility and a nose for numbers.
- A sense of humor and an affinity for getting things done.
Who you are:
- Curious and creative.
- Relentless in the pursuit of growth.
- Great at executing ideas yourself.
- Unafraid to fail fast and pivot to trying the next great idea.
You’ll love working here because of:
- The people: you’ll be surrounded by some of the most creative, smart, funny, talented leaders and teams—people you can be proud to work with.
- The excellent benefits: 100% employer-paid health insurance, a generous Paid Family Leave policy, 401k plan with employer match, profit sharing, charitable contribution matching, and more—yes, much more!
- The perks: we have regular barbecues, enjoy catered meals together a couple times a week (our in-house chef is dynamite), and offer free fitness classes.
- The experience: we help thousands of people fix their things on a daily basis. Really.
- The impact: you’ll reach over a hundred million fixers worldwide every year. (How’s that for making a difference?)
How to Apply
We like to see people who have gotten things done. So show us! Package up your portfolio or links to things you’ve made, and tell us why you’d be perfect for the position.
When you go to a website like iFixit and scroll through the guides, it's easy to forget that there are tons of real people keeping all those bits and bytes running smoothly. But there are literally dozens of us! We're a diverse team, split between two continents—but we're united by a love of tinkering and repair.
iFixit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Because we are trying to teach everyone to fix everything, we need a team as diverse as our online community. We believe that it takes people of all backgrounds to help us fix the world. Therefore, iFixit does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable.
iFixit is committed to building a diverse team—not only in who we hire, but through creating a supportive environment for all of our team members based on mutual respect and inclusivity.